We are looking for a
World Forum is looking for a Building Maintenance Coordinator| fulltime to join the team
What your future working day might look like:
In this role at Building Management, you will be part of the facilities department of our company, consisting of several Management & Maintenance employees, the Facilities Officer(s) and Interns.
The World Forum is a conference building from 1968, a building that definitely needs maintenance to keep it in perfect condition. Throughout the year there are non-stop events, so it is also put to good use. An interesting and dynamic work environment!
Every day you faced with multifaceted facility challenges that make every day different:
- When can you schedule a supplier to perform maintenance;
- When is maintenance scheduled/Does it fit in with events and/or when should it actually be carried out;
- Which maintenance can be done by our own technical service or by an external supplier;
- What maintenance has been contracted, does any further contracting need to take place and is the maintenance carried out in accordance with the contract;
- Is all maintenance carried out correctly and neatly;
- Can we extend the service life of buildings and installations and prevent malfunctions
Who we are
World Forum The Hague is a location with endless possibilities and over 50 years of experience in organizing events. Is is located exactly between the city and the beach and in the middle of the international zone of The Hague. Since 2019, World Forum has been part of GL events, a French company that operates more than 50 event venues worldwide.
We are a close-knit team of 45 employees. In our flat organisation, we attach great value to giving freedom and taking personal responsability. You get the space to develop yourself and broaden your knowledge.
Our mission is to exceed the expactations of our customers and visitors by connecting, enriching and relieving them. World Forum stands for high quality and hospitality. And we believe that you can only do that if you have an eye for detail and a passion for your work!
You are the point of contact for colleagues and suppliers. As a Building Maintenance Coordinator, you will usually deal with clients and visitors of international and corporate events. All departments within World Forum are in direct contact with Building Management to ensure that certain processes are streamlined and remain centralized withing the organization. In addition, Building Management has experienced growth in recent years that has enables further professionalization of the department. Also, this is constantly evolving and there is always room for your own input.
The daily work/actions are distributed within the team. There are external clients and conferences in the house every day, so every day brings different challenges. This requires a certain degree of flexibility, overview, control, solution, and customer orientation. The Building Management department ensures that the building and the interior and exterior areas are always in perfect condition to welcome all events and visitors in the best possible way.
Something you deal with as well:
- Scheduling regular, non-regular and extra work maintenance, both in accordance with contracts, suppliers and the work that is (still) out of contract;
- Checking the execution of maintenance work and collecting information on failure analysis;
- Set up periodic maintenance system, in accordance with MJOP;
- Convert non-contractual maintenance work to fixed contracts, if this is more efficient;
- Building Management contracts/Relationship Management;
- Processing invoices and documentation;
- Coordination of event-related requests from Project Management for parking/outside area and waste management;
- Running a fault-clearing service (once every 4 weeks; availably 24/7 for one week – for an additional fee)
- (Nearly) completed facilities or technical education at higher vocational education level and some experience in a similar position or internship;
- Independent, proactive, eager to learn and structured, but also absolutely a team player;
- Building and/or technical affinity
Do you recognise yourself in the following profile?
- Solution-oriented, hands-on, dares to take responsibility
- Supportive and customer-oriented mindset
- Excellent command of Dutch in both word an writing
- Good English skills
What do we offer?
- Working in an internationally oriented, dynamic, experienced, and enthusiastic team
- A good salary (+ development opportunities!)
- 28 leave days on a full-time basis, 40-hour working week
- A good pension plan
- Travel allowance, even if you come to work by bike
- Pleasant staff benefits at theatre shows for you and your family or friends, massages, lunches and much more
- Development and training opportunities
- Highly dynamic environment
- Good coffee and cappuccino
- First job interview with Micha Kools (Office Manager) and Daphne Boersma (Building Management Employee)
- Second interview with Kennard van der Tas (Building Manager) and Michiel Middendorf (General Manager)
- The third interview is an employment interview
- Introduction to the Building Team
How to apply?
Do you have questions about the vacancy? Then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted by telephone.
Are you enthusiastic and would you like to apply? Please send your CV with passport photo and motiviation to Human Resources (email@example.com).
Mention in your application: Building Maintenance Coordinator
Closing date: 30th of September 2022
Acquisition is not appreciated