We take your privacy seriously. We do everything to protect all personal data pursuant to the principles included in the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the GDPR Implementation Act.
In this statement we describe the measures we have taken to protect the personal data of website visitors and business relationships processed by us.
GL events World Forum Convention Centre B.V. (“World Forum”), established at Churchillplein 10, 2517 JW The Hague and registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce under number 27356153, is the processing authority for the processing of your personal data. You can reach us at the address listed above and through firstname.lastname@example.org.
Which personal data do we collect, and for which purpose?
A – Sources of personal data
We can obtain personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from you yourself;
- Through your employer or through the organisation you represent which transfer your personal data to us with your permission in the framework of the products and services offered by World Forum; and/or
- The equipment or browser you use.
B – The personal data which we collect and process
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Cookie data;
- IP address.
C – Why do we collect your personal data and on which legal basis?
Permission: if you allow us to use your personal data for information or marketing purposes or in the framework of the organisation of events.
Legitimate interest: for the issuing of bids and entering into agreements with you or your employer or the organisation which you represent, maintaining the relationship with you and providing information about products, services and events that could be of significance to you, security, website management including monitoring the surfing behaviour of visitors to our website and the functioning of our website.
If we send you marketing information by email, we will first ask your permission as far as legally obligated.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share personal data with other subsidiaries of the GL events group and with reliable business partners. We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
We can transfer data about you to organisations that provide services for us, on the condition that they treat this data as confidential and meet the specifications of the GDPR and other privacy legislation. We can share your data with the following types of service providers:
- Technical service providers offer us support with our website and IT- infrastructure;
- Service providers and suppliers who assist us in the organizing of events;
- Our advertising and publicity agencies and the organisations appointed by us to assist in the implementation on our behalf of marketing campaigns;
- Advisors such as attorneys, accountants, tax consultants, auditors and insurers; and/or
- Service providers who assist us in the effective and secure storage, collection and organisation of data, both in electronic format and hard copy, and for marketing purposes.
Transfer of personal data outside the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EER)
If and insofar we transfer your personal data outside the EU/EER, we will take the following precautionary measures:
- Transfer takes place to a country outside the EU/EER for which an adequacy determination of the EU Commission exists;
- Transfer falls under a contractual arrangement which takes the requirements included in the GDPR in relation to transfer to countries outside the EU/EER into account;
- Transfer takes place to an organisation that utilises approved binding operational directives approved by a supervisory authority of the EU; or
- Transfer takes place to an organisation in the USA that is listed on the EU-VS Privacy shield list.
You have certain rights under the GDPR in regard to the processing of your data, including, among others:
- Access to your personal data (also called “request for access by involved person”). You will then receive a copy of the personal data which we have on file for you and check that we are legally processing them.
- Correction, modification or updating of your personal data. You can have incomplete or incorrect data be corrected.
- Data portability. As far as applicable in the framework of our business relationships, you can ask us to provide the personal data you provided to us in a machine-legible format to another data authority.
- Deletion of your personal data: you can ask us to delete or remove personal data if we no longer have a good reason for processing. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data if you are pursuing your right to object to the processing (see below).
- Limitation of the processing of your personal data. You can ask us to limit the processing of your personal data (for example, if you wish that we verify the correctness of that data or the reason for processing).
- Withdrawal of your consent. You can withdraw your permission for the processing at any time if your personal data is being processed on the basis of your permission. We point out that the withdrawal of your permission can have consequences in our following up of contractual obligations towards you and the delivery of products and services, insofar as the processing of your personal data is required in this regard.
- In the case of transfer of personal data outside the EU/EER, information in regard to the precautionary measures as listed in paragraph 4 taken by us.
These rights are not absolute, and are dependent on certain conditions as included in the applicable laws and legislation.
In addition to the aforementioned rights, you have the right at any time to submit a complaint regarding our processing of your personal data at the designated authority, in the Netherlands the Personal Data Authority.
If you have a general question or at any moment wish to pursue the rights stated above, please contact email@example.com.
We store and process your personal data only as long as necessary for the purpose for which they were collected in connection with your relationship with us, unless we have a legal or legislative obligation to store the data longer or if the data are necessary for the determination, pursuit or support of legal proceedings.
We can make modifications in this statement from time to time pursuant to legislative changes or changes in our operations. The modifications take effect on the effective date listed in this statement.